Vice-President of Marketing, Draeger, Pittsburgh, 2009 – 2011
Part of the Executive Leadership team reporting to the President/CEO. Responsible for all aspects of the marketing function in the NAFTA region including leading organizational change, redefining marketing and company strategy, repositioning the Draeger brand, and creating and executing key product launches. Managed a team of 11.
- $3M marketing budget and product P&L responsibility for $70M business. EBIT increased 120% vs. PY.
- 30% revenue growth attainment through refocusing on alternative verticals and sales enablement.
- Introduced advanced inbound marketing strategy including social media, webinars, video, eBooks, internet calculators, road shows, and virtual training leading to 20% increase in brand awareness.
- Price increases of 15-20% realized through market analysis with no sales deterioration.
- $1.5M reduction of inventory by deploying total life cycle management process.
- Conceived and developed the first Draeger Safety iPhone App.
CMO, 5P Marketing, LLC, Cleveland, 2008 – 2009
Sole-Proprietorship providing marketing and strategic marketing consulting, social marketing strategy, search engine optimization, and training to B2B and B2C organizations and Government Agencies.
- SEO Strategy Consulting for Society for Neuroscience (Federal Government agency).
- Strategic Marketing and Social media consultation for The Hygenic Corporation (B2C).
- Product Management Training and Consultation for ITT Corporation (B2B).
- Adjunct faculty at Corporate College for Marketing & Social Media.
- Key Entrepreneurial Development Center Board Member / Chairman of Sales & Marketing.
Director of Product Management and Marketing, Honeywell, Cleveland, 2004 – 2008
Key member of the leadership team reporting to VP/GM leading Product Management, Marketing, and Training departments. Responsible for hardware, software and enterprise software / SaaS portfolio contributing $61 Million of revenue.
- Increase in lead generation 500% by integrating new media into marketing strategy.
- 50% overdrive of forecasted revenue into adjacent market segments by deploying new hardware & software architecture and multiple enterprise software offerings.
- Implemented formal Strategic Marketing / Product Management processes including voice of the customer (VOC), market and competitive analysis, segmentation, pricing strategy, marketing requirement definitions, and product launch.
- 20% decrease in new product cycle time attained by transitioning the product management and engineering organizations to a stage-gate development process resulting in $3 Million incremental profit.
Software Business Development Manager – Industrial and Medical, Wind River Systems (Intel), San Francisco, 2001 – 2004
Sold to and maintained relationship with key strategic customers including developing vertical solutions and proposals to “close” key industrial and medical devices software opportunities in key accounts.
- Generated 50% of the Automotive & Industrial business resulting in revenue exceeding $30 Million/year.
- Created segmentation models for market attractiveness, channels to market, and product requirements.
- Identified and managed strategic partners within Industrial & Medical vertical market segments.
Global Strategic Marketing Manager, Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley, Cleveland, 1998 – 2001
- Strategic plan development, AOP creation, market and economic research/analysis, market trends assessment and competitive analysis for multi-divisional businesses. Developed M&A database for acquisition targets.
- Managed NPD department. Implemented product portfolio process and integrated enterprise software / SaaS system for 160+ simultaneous developments.
- Design and implementation of Rockwell Automation Intranet site.
Product Manager, Highly Distributed Control, Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley, Cleveland, 1996 – 1998
Managed next generation distributed control team including product line definition, enhancement, and strategy for a family of products and technologies to be integrated into non-traditional automation devices.
Product Manager, Flex I/O, Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley, Cleveland, 1992 – 1996
$1 Billion revenue created through new product conception and marketing for next generation industrial programmable logic controller product. Product management responsibilities included concept, segmentation, market analysis, VOC, product requirements, product design, product planning, competitive analysis, product positioning, forecasting, 3rd party licensing, and International pricing.